Employment Services at our Job Center provide employment resources and career training to individuals. We assist with resume writing, job search, soft skill development, job placement, and education completion.
Rancho Cordova is a major employment hub for Sacramento County. However, Rancho Cordova residents consistently have higher than average unemployment rates for the county. This translates to job seekers in Rancho Cordova not having the skills – both hard and soft skills – to meet the needs of Rancho Cordova businesses. The impact of this dynamic is felt throughout the family as Folsom Cordova Title 1 schools are challenged in teaching the children of these families due their transitory nature as they move to find employment.
Folsom Cordova Community Partnership operates the Folsom Cordova Job Center as a free employment center providing the following activities and services:
· Pre-employment workshops · Resume preparation assistance
· Professional skills training · Interviewing skills assistance
· Access to job training scholarships · Connections to local employers
· Job Search assistance · Career planning and job coaching
· Typing Tests · Professional Clothing Closet
· Youth employment support · Refugee employment support
· Subsidized Employment support for CalWORKs recipients
If you would like more information about our Employment Services, please contact Peter Boateng, Job Center Manager, at PBoateng@theFCCP.org or 916-294-9107 ext. 840505.